Sunday, December 19, 2010

Introduction

So I've just ordered a Mackie 402-VLZ3 (mostly for my educational videos, I'm a physics teacher). The obvious question on every thread about this mixer is "Could it be battery operated?" Well this blog will explore the feasibility of such a modification.

Of course one could use a 12 VDC inverter and plug the provided external brick transformer, but I want to hack and void my warranty...

Anyway at 100$ a pop, I won't refrain myself! This is gone be fun. Gentleman, start your soldering iron!

I'm an amateur so don't hesitate to post your advices in the comments section. There's a lot of knowledgeable experts on the net, don't hesitate to chime in: I'm here to learn.

This will be a spare time project and I don't have any idea at what pace I'll progress: I've got a full time job AND three preschool kids AND a wife 8-)

No comments: